CLARIFICATION OF FINANCIAL ASSISTANCE TO THE FAMILY OF A CIVIL SERVANT WHO DIES WHILE IN SERVICE BY GOVERNMENT OF THE PUNJAB
Government of the Punjab, Finance Department, Section Officer (SR-I) issued Notification Regarding Clarification of Financial Assistance to the Family of a Civil Servant who dies while in service.
Detail of Queries and Clarification of Financial Assistance to the Government Employees
- The Financial Assistance is also admissible to the contract employees vide Government of the Punjab letter No.DS(OM)5-3/2004/contract dated 13.02.2009. As to whether, the widow of contract shall also be admissible pay up to the age of superannuation or otherwise?
- Should the deceased employees whose service is less than 10 years be admissible to pay up to 60 years or otherwise.
- In which head, the pay of the widow shall be debited. As to whether, the seat of the deceased Government Servant would be deemed occupied or not. If so, two employees can be debited against one seat?
- 4 months pay is admissible to family of deceased Government Servant from the date of death. As to whether this 4 months pay shall also be admissible in the pursuance of the letter under
- As to whether the deduction of GP Fund, Benevolent Fund and WF shall be made from the pay of the widow up to 60 years. If so, the cases of final GP Fund, Benevolent Fund and WF shall be finalized after 60 years when her family case was decided.
- If the widow dies, the family pension case or salary of the rest of family members up to 60 years is admissible or otherwise? If so, which rules shall applies.
- As to whether the appointment of widow / son under 17-A shall be made after the superannuation / 60 years or immediately after the death of civil servant?
- As to whether the final payment of GP Fund, Benevolent Fund & WF shall be made after 60 years or immediately after the death of civil servant.
- As to whether death leave / leave encashment shall be admissible to the family of deceased Government Servant after the issuance of the letter under reference.
- The deceased's family shall be allowed net salary alongwith annual increase in the pay till the date of superannuation of the deceased civil servant as per Serial-2(i) of Finance Department's policy letter dated 15.08.2017.
- Correct as per Serial-2(i) of Finance Department's policy letter dated 15.08.2017.
- For payment of salary to the widow., the concerned Administrative Department shall get create a post of OSD till superannuation of the deceased and get allocated sufficient funds in the budget for the subject purpose as per Serial-7 of clarification dated 12.09.2017 issued to Section Officer (Accounts), S&GAD.
- 4 months salary will be given at the time of death to the deceased after the issuance of new financial assistance package as per Serial-5 of Finance Department's letter dated 12.09.2017.
- No deduction on accounts of Group Insurance, Benevolent Fund will be made after the death of the civil servant as per Serial-a of the policy letter dated 03.10.2017. Deductions of education scholarship and marriage grant shall continue to be made from the salary. However, GP Fund shall be deducted at the option of the family vide Serial-3 of Finance Departments letter dated 12.09.2017.
- In case of death of the widow, salary will remained continued to the dependents of the deceased civil servant till the age of superannuation as Serial-2(i) of Finance Department's Policy letter dated 15.08.2017. After the date of superannuation family pension shall be allowed as per Serial-2(ii) of the rule ibid.
- One child or widow in BS-1 to BS-11 (including the post of Patwari and Junior Clerk) will immediately be appointed after the death of civil servant on contract or regular basis as per provision of RUles 17-A of the PCS (A&CS) Rules 1974 as per Serial-5 of Finance Department's Policy letter dated 15.08.2017.
- Final payment of Benevolent Fund and Group Insurance will be made immediately after the death of the Civil Servant. Whereas, GP Fund will be paid at the option of the
- Death leave / leave encashment shall be admissible to the family of deceased Government Servant at the time of death as per Serial-6 of Finance Department's letter dated 12.09.2017.