Director General, Sindh Food Authority, Government of the Sindh issued a notification regarding ban / restriction of food items in the province of Sindh.
Detail of Notification;-
Consequent upon the recommendations of the 1st Scientific panel meeting of Sindh Food Authority was held on 4th September, 2018, the competent authority is pleased to Ban / Restrict the following food items in province of Sindh with immediate effect:-
- Carbonated Soft Drinks, Energy Drinks, Papad and Coloured, Flavour Snacks / Chips (Banned in School & College Canteens)
- Mono Sodium Glutamate (MSG) (Banned)
- Slaughtering of Small Animals (Calf) (Banned)
- Sale of Loose Spices (One-year grace period granted till September 2019)
- Calcium Carbide as Fruits Ripening Source (One-year grace period granted till September 2019)
- Mislabeling (Followed as per PSQCA standards e.g. it should be clearly mention on the tea whitener "YE DODH NAHI HAI"
- Rangkat Bleaching Agent (Sodium Hydro Sulphite and Sodium Hydro Chloride) (Banned only for manufacturing sweets items)
- Open Oil & Ghee (Banned)