Government of the Punjab, Finance Department, Deputy Secretary (Coord) issued a letter regarding Streamlining of Matters of Autonomous Bodies / Attached Departments due to observations raised towards Autonomous Bodies / Attached Departments.
Detail of Letter:
I am directed to draw attention of the Administrative Departments towards following observations raised with respect to Autonomous Authorities / Attached Departments:
- Incorporation of names of Autonomous Bodies / Attached Departments in the First Schedule of Punjab Government Rules of Business, 2011 may be ensured.
- Approval and Notification of the Delegated Legislation (Rules, Regulations etc.) for the Autonomous Bodies from the Competent Forum as given in the Act / Ordinance of the Autonomous Body may also be expedited.
- Approval of opening of accounts of the Autonomous Bodies / Attached Departments may be ensured from the Finance Department.
- Approval of the Legislation (Act) from the Competent Forum in case of the Ordinance where considerable time has passed after establishment of the Autonomous Body.
- Audit of the Accounts may be ensured as per directions of the Government.
- The cases for posts creation & up-gradation, increase in salaries & allowances, recruitment criteria or any matter having financial implication may be sent to the Finance Department for advice by all the Autonomous Bodies who are in receipt of the Government Funding.
- Submission of Annual Reports to the Competent Forum through Administrative Departments as given in the relevant legislation.