Government of the Punjab, School Education Department, Director Monitoring issued a notification regarding conduct of awareness session regarding SMOG in schools for preventive measures to be taken during SMOG.
Detail of Notification:-
- Kindly refer to the minutes of the meeting held under the Chairmanship of Chief Secretary Punjab on 11-09-2018 wherein it was decided that the School Education Department shall ensure the conduct of awareness session regarding Smog in all schools.
- I am therefore, directed to request that following instructions regarding preventive measures to be taken during SMOG, may be disseminated to all Heads of schools for conduct of awareness session on Smog in all schools:-
- Drinking of plenty of water (8-10 glasses per day)
- Reduction in outdoor activities
- Windows and doors of rooms must be closed
- Use of Masks Handkerchiefs by all the students particularly those
- using Bicycles and Motor Cycles
- No use of fans in the class rooms and in the houses
- No burning of waste material
- Use glasses during journey
- Frequent washing of hands, face, nose and eyes
- No rubbing of eyes
- Avoid to drink cold water cold drinks
- Use wet cloth for dusting instead of broom
- Sprinkling of water in dusty area/ ground etc.
- In case of redness of eyes, Doctor should be consulted
3. The compliance report in this regard, may kindly be communicated to this office for onwards submission/information of the authority.