Secretary to Chief Minister Punjab (Coordination) issued a notification regarding Constitution of an Executive Council on Creation of South Punjab Province.
Detail of Notification:-
The Chief Minister Punjab has been pleased to desire for constitution of an Executive Council on Creation of South Punjab Province. The Council shall work on behalf of the Chief Minister Punjab and may have the following composition:-
(see the copy of notification below)
The Council may have the following Terms of Reference (TORs):
- To identify all possible issues pertaining to the creation of South Punjab Province and angage all relevant Departments to provide assistance where required.
- To address all legislative matters concerning the creation of South Punjab Province with support of Law and Parliamentary Affairs Department.
- To engage all relevant stakeholders to muster their support for the task.
- To develop consensus required for the creation of the South Punjab Province.
- To coordinate all matters with Federal Committee on creation of the South Punjab Province.
- Any other ancillary matter related to the creation of the new Province.
The Council in pursuance of the aforementioned TORs shall seek institutional support information and export advice from or through any Provincial Department, Public Sector Organization or Local Government in the Punjab.
The Council shall have its office at the Chief Minister's Office which shall be responsible for provision of necessary support to the Council as and when required.
In view of the foregoing, it is requested that further necessary actions in the matter including notification of the aforementioned Council may kindly be taken please.