Government of the Punjab, Services & General Administration Department (Implementation & Coordination Wing) issued a notification regarding constitution of task force to uplift and improvement of Livestock Sector in Punjab.
No. SO(I&C-I)1-25/2018. Chief Minister has been pleased to constitute the following task force for uplift and improvement of Livestock Sector in Punjab:
(see the copy of notification to know the chairman and members of committee)
Terms of Reference (TORs) are as under:
- Conduct situation analysis of livestock and dairy development sector by involving all stakeholders.
- To suggest policy options for overall improvement in the livestock sector in Punjab.
- To carry out a detailed review of the existing Livestock Policy of the Government of the Punjab and suggest suitable amendments, if required;
- To review the existing Governmental Interventions, Programs and Projects being implemented in the Livestock Sector and submit detailed recommendations on effectiveness of such initiatives.
- Propose a strategy with concrete action plan to encourage local / foreign investment in Livestock and Dairy development sector.
Secretary, L&DD, Government of the Punjab shall act as Secretary of the Task Force. Further, the Livestock & Dairy Development Department shall also provide the secretarial and logistic support to the Task Force.
The Task Force shall submit its first set of recommendations / report to the Government of the Punjab by December 31st, 2018.