Government of the Punjab, School Education Department, Chief Minister's Monitoring Force issued a letter regarding preventive measures for curbing SMOG in the schools.
It is reiterated that following instruction regarding preventive measures for curbing SMOG, may be disseminated to all Heads of Schools for conduct of awareness sessions on Smog in all schools:-
- Drinking of plenty of water (8-10 glasses per day)
- Reduction in outdoor activities
- Windows and doors of rooms must be closed
- Use of Masks / Handkerchiefs by all the students particularly those using bicycle and Motor Cycles
- Use of fans in the class rooms and in the houses
- No burning of waste material
- Use glasses during journey
- Frequent washing of hands, face, nose and eyes
- No rubbing of eyes
- Avoid to drink cold water / cold drinks
- Use wet cloth for dusting instead of broom
- Sprinkling of water in dusty area / ground etc.
- In case of redness of eyes, Doctor should be consulted
- Awareness regarding Car Pooling.