Government of the Punjab Finance Department issued a Notification regarding Medical Reimbursement Claims Cases sent to the Finance Department for Sanction.
Finance Department has revised the powers to sanction reimbursement of medical charges vide Serial No.21 of the Punjab Delegation of Financial Powers Rules, 2016 notified vide FD(FR)II-2/89(P-I) dated 01.07.2016, as under:-
- Administrative Department Upto Rs.1.500 million in each case
- Head of Attached Department Upto Rs.1.000 million in each case
- Officer in Category-I Upto Rs.0.500 million in each case
- Officer in Category-II Upto Rs.0.200 million in each case
- Officer in Category-III Upto Rs.0.100 million in each case
- Officer in Category-IV Upto Rs.0.050 million in each case
- Registrar, Lahore High Court, Lahore Upto Rs.1.500 million in each case
- District and Session Judge Upto Rs.0.500 million in each case
The dated of effectiveness of the rules ibid is 01.07.2016.
It is accordingly advised that medical re-reimbursement cases involving an amount above Rs.1.500/- million should be referred to Special Medical Board for scrutiny and their recommendations before sending the same to the Finance Department. All other conditions for sanctioning the re-reimbursement of medical claims will remain the same.