Programme Monitoring & Implementation Unit (PMIU), Punjab Education Sector Reform Programme (PESRP), Lahore issued a letter regarding AEO Classroom Observation Visits Applications (one for ECE Classes and one for All Other Classes.
- The PMIU-PESRP, in consultation with relevant stakeholders, has recently revised the set of 14 indicators included in the Quarterly District Rankings. The revised indicators and their relevant details were shared with all Deputy Commissioners and Chief Executive Officers in a letter of even no. PMIU-PESRP/PD/2019/17243 dated January 04, 2019.
- One of the revised district ranking indicators includes classroom observations by Assistant Education Officers (AEOs). The purpose of this indicator is to ensure that AEOs regularly conduct classroom observation visits to their assigned primary and middle schools. Each AEO is expected to conduct at least 2 classroom observation visits per school per month in all of his / her assigned schools. Of the total no. of classroom observation visits, 10% classroom observation visits should be conducted in Early Childhood Education (ECE) classrooms (where applicable).
- In order to facilitate AEOs to record information from each classroom observation visit and to collect data, the PMIU has developed two android apps in collaboration with Punjab Information and Technology Board (PITB): (i) an AEO ECE app (for ECE classroom observation), and (ii) an AEO classroom observation app (for all other classes).
- The AEO ECE app is an updated version of the AEO app used to monitor ECE classrooms in selected 5,000 schools through their respective AEOs last year, in May 2018. The app will be available for installation from January 10, 2019 on the following link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/vbjcyti732zhq1g/ece-11458-1.3v.apk?dl=0. General instructions on installation and use of this app will be emailed to CEOs in due course.
- The AEO classroom observation app has been developed after modifying an app previously developed for District Teacher Educators (DTEs) by PITB. It will be further improved in the coming months. The AEO classroom observation app is available for installation on App Store under the title "AEO Classroom Observation".
- CEOs are requested to ensure that all AEOs in their respective districts use the two apps to record classroom observation data, with effect from January 10, 2019. AEOs will only be considered to have conducted classroom observations if they record and submit their observations using the apps.