Pakistan Railway, Headquarter Office, Lahore, Chief Marketing Manager issued a letter regarding free of cost travelling of senior citizens attaining the age of 75 years & above.
- It is notified for information and guidance of all concerned that the Senior Citizens attaining the age 75 years & above travelling by Rail have been allowed free of cost travel with effect from 24th December, 2018 repeat (24-12-2018) till further orders. The subject facility will be given as under:
- On production of original CNIC. The photo copy will however be retained in booking & reservation offices.
- Dam fund, insurance and other surcharges will not apply.
- Senior Citizens will not be entitled to travel free of cost on the following trains:- Greenline (5up / 6down), Karakoram express (42up / 42down), Karachi express (15up / 16 donw), Islamabad express (107up / 108down), Rawal express (105up / 106down).
- The existing concession as allowed to senior citizens attaining the age of 65 Years & above vide letter No.2-M&R/185-R/X (ACM-V) dated 2-8-2006 will continue for senior citizens aged between 65 years and below 75 years.
- It is requested that the above instructions may be repeated to all booking and Reservation officers at station to ensure compliance accordingly. It is further intimated that if any discrepancy is noticed that should be corrected immediately and reported within seven days to the office of CMM as well as Director/ IT. In case of any discrepancy found later, concerned station / commercial staff will be held responsible.