Government of Pakistan, Ministry of Interior issued a Circular regarding Public and Optional Holidays for the Calendar Year 2019.
As per previous practice, in continuation with Metrological Department, Karachi for expected dates of appearance of moon during the year and Ministry of Minorities for dates for festivals of minorities, following Public and Optional holidays for the calendar year 2019 have been prepared:-
- Kashmir Day (Tuesday) 5th February 2019
- Pakistan Day (Saturday) 23rd March 2019
- Labour Day (Wednesday) 1st May 2019
- Eid-ul-Fitr (Wednesday, Thursday, Friday) 5th, 6th, 7th June 2019
- Eid-ul-Azha (Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday) 12th, 13th, 14th August 2019
- Independence Day (Wednesday) 14th August 2019
- Ashura (9th & 10th Muharrum 1440 A.H) (Monday, Tuesday) 9th, 10th September 2019
- Eid Milad-un-Nabi (12th Rabi-ul-Awal 1440 AH) (Sunday) 10th November
- Quaid-E-Azam Day (Wednesday) 25th December 2019
The following will be Bank holidays, however, on these days the Bank will remain closed for public but NOT for their employees:
- 1st January 2019 (Tuesday)
- 6th May 2019 (Monday) corresponding to 1st Ramzan
- 1st July 2019 (Monday)
NOTE:- Holidays for Muslim Festivals are subject to appearance of moon for which separate Notification will be issued.