Government of the Punjab, Local Government & Community Development Department has sought an advice regarding up-gradation of the post of Accountants.
- Will the Secretary Finance, Government of the Punjab, kindly refer to the matter in the subject cited above?
- Accountants in Local Government Service, LG & CD Department have requested for the up-gradation in accordance with serial No.3 mentioned in FD’s letter dated 14-12-2018.
- Briefly stated that Accountant (BPS-14 / LGS) was appointed in the year 2012 through PPSC having qualification of B.Com from a recognized university and presently having 6 years experience. They have requested for their up-gradation in the light of Finance Department’s letter dated 14-12-2018 in BPS-16 as per serial No.3 of the said letter.
- Presently, the post of Accountant in LGS carries the status of BPS-14 with nomenclature as “Accountant”. No post of Senior Accountant exists in the service rules of LGS.
- In view of above, advice is solicited as to whether the Accountants of LGS BS-14 falls in category mentioned at serial No.2 or 3 of letter dated 14-12-2018?