Government of the Punjab, School Education Department issued a letter regarding Prime Minister’s Mega Sports Initiative Regarding Revival of Sports in Punjab.
Competent authority has been pleased to request to direct all the Chief Executive Officers (DEA) in the Punjab to ensure compliance on the following actions:-
- Both the Director Public Instruction (SE/EE), Punjab will ensure that following measures by taken by all Chief Executive Officers (DEA) in the Punjab.
- A complete directory/Inventory of playgrounds available in all schools shall be prepared at district level by March 31, 2019.
- Two periods per weeks shall be earmarked for sports for each class in every school. It shall be ensured that every student get a change to actively participate in sports.
- Schools shall use funds from their non-salary budgets and FTF to buy the required Sports Kits, rehabilitation of Playgrounds, Sports Competitions of students’ refreshment and their traveling expenditures.
- Every School will make efforts to provide sports facilities/opportunities regarding Athletics, Basketball, Badminton, Cricket, Cycling, Football, Gymnastics, Handball, Hockey, Netball, Table Tennis, Tug of War, Volleyball, to the students.
- Every school shall promote the subject of Health & Physical Education at Secondary and Higher Secondary Levels.
- To sensitize the students and teachers about the need and benefits of sports in schools.
- Flexes, posters and banners highlighting importance of sports be displayed in schools.
- To ensure Team of each game of every school shall participate in these competitions.
- To develop sports competition plan.
- School Sports Councils may be establishment by taking representative of eminent sports persons form the area.
- Both the Director Public Instruction (SE/EE) Punjab will ensure that all Chief Executive Officers (DEA) will have to arrange SPORTS COMPETITIONS 2019 in all Primary, Elementary, High and Higher Secondary Schools as per following schedule / sports Calendar.