Programme Monitoring & Implementation Unit (PMIU), Punjab Education Sector Reform Programme (PESRP), Lahore issued a letter addressed to Section Officer (Budget-I), Government of the Punjab, School Education Department for advice / clarification regarding up-gradation of computer personnel of DMO offices and PMIU-PESPR.
- It is to state that existing nomenclature of the posts of Data Entry Operator / Computer Operator / Key Punch Operator / Key Punch Verifying Operator / Composer / System Operator has been re-designated as Junior Computer Operator (BPS-12) vide Finance Department's circular letter No. FD.PC 40-43/2017(E) dated 14.12.2018 (copy enclosed). Similarly the post of Data Processing Officer / Computer Operator has been re-designated as Senior Computer Operator (BPS-16). The posts of Data Input Operator (BPS-12), Data Processor (BPS-12) and Senior Data Processor (BPS-16) have not been included in the re-designated computer posts. Minimum qualifications of the posts of Data Input Operator (BPS-12), Data Processor (BPS-12) and Senior Data Processor (BPS-16) as prescribed in the service rules of these posts is described as under (copies enclosed);
- Data Input Operator / Data Processor (BPS-12)
- Intermediate (II Division) / D.Com / I.Com or Equivalent.
- Must qualify data entry test @1000 key depression per hour or typing test at a minimum speed 40 words per minute. Preference will be given to those having previous knowledge of word processing.
- Senior Data Processor (BPS-16)
- II class Bachelor's degree in computer science / Bachelor Degree (II class) preferably with Statistics / Mathematics / Physics / Economics from a recognized university with one year diploma course in computer science from recognized university / institution.
- I am, therefore, directed to request that necessary clarification / advice may please be sought from Finance Department regarding re-designation of the posts of Data Input Operator (BPS-12), Data Processor (BPS-12) and Senior Data Processor relating to PMIU-PESRP and DMO offices.