Government of the Punjab, Finance Department issued a letter regarding Grant of Cadre / Department / Post Specific Allowance or Special Allowance @ 50% of Basic Pay Scale 2008 Plus Civil Secretariat Allowance @ 50% of Running Basic Pay Scale 2017.
The Governor of the Punjab has been pleased to allow officers / officials working in Punjab Civil Secretariat Departments and drawing their pay from the pay roll of Secretariat Departments to draw either of the following allowance(s) whichever is higher:
- The cadre / department / post specific allowance OR Special Allowance @ 50% of Basic Pay Scales 2008 plus Civil Secretariat Allowance @ 50% of running Basic Pay Scales 2017.
Detail of cadre / department / post specific allowance is as under:
- Special Allowance equal to 1/3rd of basic pay frozen on Basic Pay Scales 2008 Admissible to Non-Academic staff (gazetted / non-gazetted) having their substantive postings in MPDD department.
- Special Education Allowance @ 25% of basic pay frozen on basic pay scales 2015 Admissible to Employees of Special Education Department
- Special Allowance equal to one basic pay frozen on basic pay scales 2008 Admissible to Academic and Non-Academic staff of Special Education Institutions were originally allowed. However, the employees of Special Education Department working in Civil Secretariat and Directorate of Special Education are also drawing the same without any approval. On deduction, they approached judicial forum. The case in pending in the Court.
- Special Budget Allowance Admissible to Composers, FD (Rs.7000/- PM) Programmer / System Analyst, FD (Rs.8000/- PM)
- Special Allowance Admissible to District Attorney (Rs.35000/- PM) Deputy District Attorney (Rs.17500/- PM) Assistant District Attorney (Rs.15000/- PM) Even when they are posted in Civil Secretariat
The above decision will not affect the allowances admissible to employees of Chief Minister's Office, Governor's House / Secretariat, Banquet Hall, 90-SQA(S&GAD), VVIP Guest House, GOR-I, VIP Flight and Aviation Flight.
Terms & condition of cadre / department / post specific allowances and special allowance 2009 plus Civil Secretariat Allowance will remain the same.