Government of the Punjab, Finance Department issued a letter to clarify the Time Scale Promotion to Officers in BS-16 and Above Having Stagnant Posts Who has Completed 10 Years Service.
- I am directed to refer to this Department's letter of even number dated 19th of April, 2019 on the subject and to state that there are certain queries regarding modus operandi of Implementation of the aforesaid letter.
- The case has been examined and observed that the policy ibid is applicable to the case of an officer / official who has completed 10 years' service in a basic pay scale but has not been promoted because of insufficiency or non-availability of posts reserved for promotion in the next higher pay scale in the cadre. Such officer / official is entitled to be given time scale promotion, with effect from 01.02.2019 to the next higher basic pay scale.
- In view of Para-2(1) of the Finance Department's U.O. No.FD.PC.39-14/77(Pt.IV)(APCA/08)(Provl.) dated 09.08.2016 read with letter No.FD.PC.39-14/77(Pt.IV)(APCA/08)(Provl.) dated 04.01.2016, the time scale promotion is allowed without DPC.
- In accordance with Para-2(iii) of the Finance Department's U.O.No.FD.PC.39-14/77(Pt.IV)(APCA/08)(Provl.) dated 09.08.2016, no formal orders are required to be issued for allowing time scale promotion to an officer/official.
- The officers eligible for the benefit of time scale promotion in the light of this Department's letter of even number dated 19.04.2019 may be advised to approach Office of the Accountant General, Punjab / concerned District Accounts Office, as the case may, for issuance of revised pay slips in the higher scale w.e.f. 01.02.2019 accordingly.