Government of the Punjab, Finance Department issued Clarification Regarding Notifications About Up-Gradation of Posts.
- I am directed to refer to this Department's Notifications No.FD. PC 40-43/2017(A,B,C,D&E), dated 14.12.2016 on the subject cited above.
- It is clarified for all concerned that:-
- The incumbents of similarly placed posts, not mentioned in the above mentioned Notifications will also be entitled to up-gradation / restructuring subject to clearance of Finance Department.
- The revised prescribed qualification mentioned in Column 'D' of above mentioned Notifications will be incorporated in the service rules for promotion / fresh recruitment against the already available posts. However, amendment in service rules is not required for grant of Time Scale Promotion in accordance with the said Notifications where only one tier is available.
- Re-structuring in accordance with the above said Notifications will be made in accordance with the existing prescribed qualification instead of possessed qualification.
- Where only one tier is available and which has been up-graded, the incumbent of such posts will also be entitled to Time Scale Promotion as detailed in the above said Notifications, according to regular service after each 8 years.
- In case more than one tiers were available prior to issuance of Notifications dated 14.12.2018, these tiers would be re-structured according to the said Notifications through amendment in the service rules and re-structured / up-graded posts would be filled by promotion or fresh recruitment as per revised prescribed qualifications mentioned in the above said Notifications.