Government of the Punjab, Finance Department, Punjab Revenue Authority, Lahore issued Clarification in Response to the Queries Raised Regarding Sales Tax Registration Number (STRN) on Sales Tax Invoices Issued by the Service Providers.
- The Punjab Revenue Authority has received a number of queries in respect of mentioning of Sales Tax Registration Number (STRN) on sales tax invoices issued by the service providers registered with the Authority. In this regard it is clarified that the Authority does not issue any sales tax registration number and instead PNTN is used as unique identification of the registered persons. It is intimated for all concerned that a sales tax invoice containing following particulars shall be considered as a valid sales tax invoice:
- Name, address and PNTN of the service provider;
- Name, address and registration number, if any, of the service recipient;
- Description of service or services provided;
- Value exclusive of the tax
- Amount of the tax; and
- Value inclusive of the tax.
- The registration of the tax payers' may also be verified from PRA's official website https://e.pra, punjab.gov.pk / Registration / onlinesearchTaxpaver.aspx. Any query/complaint may be addressed to the Authority at: eSupport@pra.punjab.gov.pk.