Deputy Inspector General of Police, N-5 (North), National Highways and Motorway Police (NHMP), Islamabad issued a letter regarding Complete Ban on Use of CNG / LPG as Fuel in Public Service Vehicles (PSVs) / Vans.
- In order to ensure safety of passengers, save precious lives and to avoid unpleasant incidents/accidents, Oil and Gas Regulatory Authority (OGRA) has advised complete ban on use of CNG / LGP as fuel and installation of gas cylinders in all public service vehicles (PSVS). OGRA has further requested all the concerned authorities including NHMP to ensure removal of CNG / LPG cylinders from inside of all PSVs plying on intra and Intercity road along with cancellation of route permits, if found in violation. Furthermore, School Vans which are private vehicles, in no case be allowed using CNG as fuel and cylinders installed therein to ensure safety of innocent children.
- Therefore, it has been desired by the competent authority to immediately launch special drive to ensure strict actions against PSV vehicles using CNG / LPG as fuel including removal of CNG / LPG cylinders and cancellation of route permits in case of violation.
- In light of the above it is hereby directed that specially designed banners may be displayed at prominent places like toll plazas and transport addas etc. regarding the implementation of above directions of competent authority, transporters may be informed through briefings /meetings as well as print and electronic media and subsequently a rigorous special drive be launched against the use of CNG / LPG as fuel and installation of cylinders in PSVs and School Vans. For this purpose special teams shall be deployed at least at four places throughout the jurisdiction of each Sector. Keeping in view importance of the matter, it is hereby once again directed that Sector / Boat Commander shall personally supervise the whole activity drive to achieve the desired results and avoid any untoward incident / accident due to CNG / LGP cylinders in PSVs / School Vans.
- Progress report of every shift of the above said activity / special drive shall reach this office on enclosed Performal / format as below:
- 1st Shift..........1500 hrs
- 2nd Shift..........2300 hrs
- 3rd Shift..........0700 hrs
- Furthermore daily progress report shall reach before 1000 hrs through email, positively for onward submission to the competent authority.