Government of the Punjab, Finance Department issued letter regarding Grant of Increase in Pension @10% of net pension to Civil Pensioners w.e.f 01.07.2019.
- I am directed to state that the Governor of the Punjab has been pleased to sanction an increase @10% of net pension with effect from 1st July, 2019 until further orders to all civil pensioners of Government of the Punjab.
- The 15% increase in pension as allowed vide Para 12(1) of this Department's circular letter No.FD-PC-2-1/2011, dated 11-07-2011, 7.5% increase in pension allowed as vide Para 1 of this Department's circular letter No.FD.SR.111-4-259/2015(A), dated 23.07.2015 10% increase in pension as allowed vide Para 1 of this Department's circular letter No FD.SR.111-4-178-2016, dated 18-07-2016, No.FD.SR. 1-4-170/2017 dated 14-07-2017 and No.FD.SR.III-4-188/2018(A) dated 18-07-2018 shall be admissible to the new pensioners who would retire on or after 01 07 2019.
- The 10% increase in pension as mentioned at Para 1 above will also be admissible to the pensioners who would retire on or after 01.07.2019.
- For the purpose of admissibility of increase in pension sanctioned in this circular letter, the term "Net Pension means "pension being drawn minus "Medical Allowance".
- The increase will also be admissible on family pension granted under the Pension cum Gratuity Scheme, 1954, Liberalized Pension Rules. 1977, on pension sanctioned under the Punjab Civil Services Pension Rules as well as on the Compassionate Allowance.
- If the gross pension sanctioned by Government of the Punjab is shared with any Government in accordance with the rules laid down in part-IV of Appendix-III to the Accounts Code, Volume I, the amount of the increase in pension will be apportioned between Government of the Punjab and the other Government concerned on proportionate basis.
- The increase in pension sanctioned in this circular letter will not be admissible on Special Additional Pension allowed in lieu of pre-retirement Orderly Allowance.
- The benefit of increase in pension sanctioned in this circular letter will also be admissible to those civil pensioners of the Punjab Government who are residing abroad (other than those residing in India and Bangladesh) who retired on or after 15.08.1947 and are not entitled to, or are not in receipt of pension increase under the British Government's Pension (Increase) Acts. The payment will be made at the applicable rate of exchange.