Pakistan Electronic Media, Regulatory Authority, Islamabad issued a letter regarding August 15, 2019 as Black Day and National Flag will be at Half Mast.
- This is in continuation of our letter of even numbers dated August 9, 2019.
- In observance of solidarity with Kashmir, Eid-ul-Azha is being celebrated with simplicity as a religious event. Therefore, it is requested that No Special Programme (already recorded or planned live) be aired as Eid Celebrations as the same may hurt sentiments of not only our nation but also the Kashmiri brethren.
- All the satellite TV channels. FM Radio Licensees and Distribution Service Operators are requested to air content, expressing Solidarity with Kashmiris.
- Moreover, as per Government directives, 14th August, Independence Day shall be celebrated as Solidarity Day with brave Kashmiris. All the licensees may carve their programs accordingly and a logo being shared in soft copy be displayed and used in public service messages.
- August 15 shall be observed as Black Day. National Flag will be at half-mast. Channels are requested to project two nation theory, Indian atrocities against Muslims and minorities in India and in Indian Occupied Jammu & Kashmir. Licensees are also requested to turn their logos Black & White through out the day on August 15, 2019.
- A greater cooperation by all the licensees at this juncture is expected, please.
- This issues with approval of the competent authority.