Government of the Punjab, Higher Education Department issued a letter Regarding Observance of Kashmir Solidarity Day on Monday, 5th August, 2019.
- In pursuance of instructions of the Government, Kashmir Solidarity Day shall be observed on Monday, 5th August, 2019 to show support to the people of Kashmir and to raise voice against flagrant human rights violations.
- A plan has been chalked out for observing the day in order to show to the world that the people of Pakistan stand by their Kashmiri brothers in these difficult times:
- All the educational institutions in Punjab shall observe one-minute silence in order to pay tribute to the martyrs in the Indian held Kashmir.
- Debates/speech competitions shall be arranged in order to highlight atrocities of the Indian forces.
- Conferences/seminars shall be arranged in colleges in order to educate the students regarding the sacrifices made by the people of Kashmir in order to get their right to self-determination.
- Students and teachers shall form human chains on campuses and walks shall be arranged to show solidarity with our Kashmiri brethren.