PROHIBITION OF BURNING OF HEADS AND FEET OF SCARIFIED ANIMALS AT PUBLIC PLACES, ROADS AND STREET ETC. DURING EID UL AZHA
Government of the Punjab, Home Department issued an order regarding Prohibition of Burning of Heads and Feet of Sacrificial Animals at Public Places, Open Places, Roads and Streets in Province of Punjab.
- NO.SO(15.11) 1.1/2004: WHEREAS, it has been reported that during Eid-ul-Azha, various persons sit on road side and start parching / roasting heads and feet of sacrificial animals which emits anomalous smell and same is not only injurious to public health but also source of nuisance, creating resentment among general public. Such situation is likely to disturb public peace and tranquility, giving rise to a grave situation within the Province of Punjab.
- AND WHEREAS, there are sufficient grounds to proceed under Section 144 of the code of Criminal Procedure, 1898, as an immediate prevention and speedy remedy in the matter and directions, hereinafter appearing, are necessary to prevent disturbance of public peace and danger to human life within the territorial limits of Province of Punjab.
- NOW THEREFORE, I, Syed Ali Murtaza, Additional Chief Secretary (Home) to Government of the Punjab. Home Department in exercise of powers vested in me under Section 144(6) of the code of Criminal Procedure. 1898, do hereby prohibit the following action in the whole province of Punjab:- "Burning of heads and feel of sacrificial animals on Public places, open places, roads and streets in Province of Punjab".
- This order shall remain in force in the Province of Punjab from 11th to 18th August, 2019 unless modified.
- This order shall be given wide publicity in the Official Gazelle and print & electronic media as news item.