NOTIFICATION REGARDING TIMELINES FOR DEMARCATION, CLASSIFICATION AND NAMING OF LOCAL AREAS UNDER PUNJAB LOCAL GOVERNMENT ACT 2019
Government of the Punjab, Local Government & Community Development Department issued Notification regarding Schedule of Activities for Demarcation, Classification and Naming of Local Areas under the Punjab Local Government Act, 2019.
- No.SOR(LG)38-13/2019. In pursuance of Section 310 of the Punjab Local Government Act 2019 and as per the Punjab Demarcation, Classification and Naming of Local Areas Rules, 2019, the schedule of activities for demarcation, classification and naming of local areas under the Act ibid is hereby notified as under:
- Preparation of Initial Proposals under Rule 5 Till 25.09.2019.
- Public Display of Initial Proposals under Rule 6 26.09.2019
- Notice inviting Suggestions and Objections on Initial Proposals under Rule 7 27.09.2019
- Receipt of Suggestions / Objections on Initial Proposals under Rule 8 by the Assistant Demarcation Officer from 27.09.2019 to 14.10.2019
- Notice inviting Counter-Suggestions and Counter-Objections on Suggestions / Objections on Initial Proposals under Rule 9 (1) 27.09.2019
- Receipt of Counter-Suggestions / Counter-Objections under Rule 9(2) by the Assistant Demarcation Officer from 28.09.2018 to 17.10.2019
- Submission of Suggestions / Objections and Counter-Suggestions Counter-Objections to Demarcation Authority under Rule 9(6) 18.10.2019
- Decision on Suggestions/ Objections and Counter-Suggestions Counter-Objections on Initial Proposals under Rule 10 by the Demarcation Authority from 19.10.2019 to 25.10.2019
- Preparation of Final Proposals by the Demarcation Officer under Rule 11 from 26.10.2019 to 01.11.2019
- Public Display of Final Proposals under Rule 12 for public Information 02.11.2019
- For the purposes of above mentioned activities, Saturday shall be treated as a Working day for the activities of Demarcation Officers and Assistant Demarcation Officers. For the activities of Demarcation Authorities at Serial No. 8 above and Demarcation Officers at Serial No. 9 & 10 above both Saturday and Sunday shall be treated as Working days.
- Assistant Demarcation Officer or the Demarcation Officer shall supply copies of the initial Proposal of a part thereof or Final Proposal or a part thereof respectively to an interested person on payment of a Fee which shall be Rs. 10 per page.