REDUCE THE PERIOD OF FOUR YEARS TO THREE YEARS TO REGULARIZE THE CONTRACT EMPLOYEES AS PER PUNJAB REGULARIZATION OF SERVICE (AMENDMENT) ORDINANCE 2019
Government of the Punjab, Law and Parliamentary Affairs Department issued Notification regarding Punjab Regularization of Service (Amendment) Ordinance 2019, Reduce the Period of Four Years to Three Years to Facilitate the Regularization of Contract Employees.
- It is necessary to amend the Punjab Regularization of Service Act 2018 (XV of 2018) to reduce the period of four years to three years to facilitate the regularization of contract employees and to broaden the scope of the Act to all the contract employees who have continuously been serving as such for a period of three years.
- Provincial Assembly of the Punjab is not in session and Governor of the Punjab is satisfied that circumstances exist which render it necessary to take immediate action.
- In exercise of the powers conferred under clause (1) of Article 128 of the Constitution of the Islamic Republic of Pakistan, Governor of the Punjab is pleased to make and promulgate the following Ordinance:
- Short title and commencement (1) This Ordinance may be cited as the Punjab Regularization of Service (Amendment) Ordinance 2019.
- It shall come into force at once
- Amendment in section 1 of the Act XV of 2018.- In the Punjab Regularization of Service Act 2018 (XV of 2018), in section 1, for subsection (3), the following shall be substituted:
- It shall apply to all the persons employed on contract in a department, who have completed three years continuous service before or after the commencement of the Act.
- Amendment in section 3 of the Act XV of 2018.- In the Act, in section 3, for subsection (2), the following shall be substituted:
- Notwithstanding anything contained in the Act the contract employees who have continuously been serving as such for a period not less than three years shall be eligible to be considered for appointment on regular basis if
- (a) a regular vacancy allocated for initial recruitment is available for regularization;
- (b) he is qualified for the post
- (c) he has not been appointed on a special pay package
- (d) his performance during the period of contract has remained satisfactory; and
- (e) he does not opt to continue as contract employee.