EMPOWERMENT OF DEPUTY COMMISSIONER TO MAKE COMPLAINT REGARDING DEFILING OR UNAUTHORIZEDLY REMOVING THE NATIONAL FLAG
Government of the Punjab, Home Department issued a notification regarding Empowerment of Deputy Commissioner to Make a Complaint within the Meaning of Section 196 Cr. PC on Behalf of Provincial Government.
- No. SO (J-III) 7-LHR/2019. In exercise of power conferred under Section 196 of the Code of Criminal Procedure, the Provincial Government of Punjab is pleased to empower Deputy Commissioners to make a complaint within the meaning of Section 196 Cr. PC on behalf of the Provincial Government in the following cases;
- i. Section 123-B PPC - Defiling or unauthorizedly removing the National Flag of Pakistan from Government building etc.
- ii. Section 124-A PPC - Sedition.
- iii. Section 108-A PPC - Abetment in Pakistan of offences outside it.
- iv. Section 294-A PPC - Keeping lottery office.
- Before filing of complaint Deputy Commissioners will ensure that all legal procedures and requirements are fulfilled.