Government of the Punjab, School Education Department issued minutes of meeting regarding determination of MA (Education) both as professional and academic qualification.
A meeting of the committee was held under the chairmanship of Special Secretary (Operation) School Education Department, Govt. of Punjab, on 30.09.2020 at 12:00 P.M in the committee room of the Department to determine M.A (Education) both as Professional and Academic qualification.
The composition of the committees is as follows:
- Dr. Muhammad Suhail Shahzad, Special Secretary Operation), School Education Department Chairman
- Mr. Dilawar Hussain, Section Officer (R-III), Regulations Wing, Services & General Administration Department Member
- Mr. Zahoor Ahmad, Director IV, Punjab Public Service Commission, Lahore Member
- Dr. Ayaz Muhammad Khan, Associate Professor, University of Education, Lahore Member
- Dr. Tariq Hussain, Assistant Professor (IER) University of the Punjab, Lahore Member
- a) The subject specialists recruited against the subject of Education are not considered for regularization due to M.A (Education) as an academic degree and no other professional degree of B.Ed or M.Ed.
- b) What can be the status of M.A (Education) as compared to B.Ed or M.Ed.?
The committee after detailed discussion, deliberation and mutual consensus of all the members, has come to the conclusion as follows:
- As a discipline, the subject of Education domains the art of teaching.
- The degree of M.A (Education) is equivalent to M.Ed and also higher degree in comparison with B.Ed. Further, the syllabus of M.A (Education) covers more than the requirements of M.Ed. Therefore, the teachers, recruited in School Education Department for the subject of Education by having M.A (Education), shall not require any further qualification of B.Ed or M.Ed. The degree of M.A (Education) may be considered as Academic as well as Professional qualification.