HEADS AND NON-TEACHING STAFF ATTEND SCHOOL REGULARLY AND 50% TEACHING STAFF SHALL ATTEND SCHOOL ON MONDAY AND REMAINING 50% ON THURSDAY
Government of the Punjab, School Education Department issued minutes of meeting held with all CEOs (DEAs) under the chairmanship of honourable Minister for School Education regarding on going situation of COVID-19.
In Chair: Mr Murad Raas, Minister for School Education Department
i. The Secretary, School Education Department.
ii. The Director General, Quaid-e-Azam Academy for Educational Development, Lahore.
iii. The Joint Director, PITB focal person for PEPRIS and his team from PITB.
iv. The Additional Secretary (B&P), School Education Department
v. The Deputy Director (Monitoring). School Education Department
vi. All Chief Executive Officers (DEAs)
Meeting started with the recitation of the Holy Quran. The chair welcomed the participants and provided a brief overview of the key agenda items.
The Chair while opening the discussion, highlighted the ongoing situation related to increased number of cases of COVID-19 in the country and prioritized to adopt maximum safety measures to protect vulnerable students / staff. The Chair appreciated the efforts of CEOs and other stakeholders for implementation of guidelines/SOPs to avoid transmission of COVID-19 pandemic. 3.
Further, the Chair apprised the participants of upcoming winter vacations in schools and discussed in detail regarding proposed action plan to be implemented during winter vacation in schools. After thorough discussion / input from all participants, the following decisions were taken by the Chair:
- i. In case of school closure for academic activities, all Head teachers and non-teaching staff (Primary, Middle High & Higher Secondary schools) shall attend regularly.
- ii. 50% teaching staff (Primary, Middle High & Higher Secondary schools) shall attend school on Monday and remaining 50% on Thursday.
- iii. It was decided that annual papers of classes Nursery to Eighth, shall be conducted during March which will be notified later by the School Education Department.
- iv. It was directed that online entry of all students possessing B-form, shall be completed on SIS by 30th November, 2020 and CEO concerned shall ensure completion of exercise without fail.
- v. It was proposed by the Chair that marks for Homework assignments, shall be awarded to students and 50% weightage of annual result will be based on marks obtained in assignment work. It was directed by the Chair that Director General, QAED, Lahore shall prepare proposal for further approval/implementation of the decision regarding assessment mechanism.
- vi. It was directed that with the closure of schools, all academies and madrassas, shall also be closed during coming vacations.
During discussion, the Secretary School Education apprised that Census activity has been completed in all districts and stressed over the integrity and reliability of census data as there will be no compromise on quality of data on SIS. It was directed that each CEO, DEA shall constitute a Committee to verify / rectify all census data within 03 days. Further, all posts of teachers should be reflected as subject wise. It was cleared to all CEOs that census data shall be basis of all upcoming e Transfer rounds and in case of any wrong information related to school on SIS, the concerned CEO shall be solely responsible for any transfer based on wrong SIS information.
Upon permission from the Chair, the Additional Secretary (B&P), SED gave detailed presentation on entry of students possessing B-form on SIS and responded queries raised by the participants. Mr. Salman (SDU), presented detail of statistics on daily data reporting by each district regarding COVID-19 and their submission to NCOC on daily basis.
The meeting ended with a vote of thanks to the Chair.