Government of the Punjab, Finance Department constituted a Committee to ensure speedy disposal of cases of regularization and implementation of the provisions of the Punjab Regularization of Service Act.
In pursuance of the Secretary (Regulations), S&GAD's circular bearing No.SO(ERB)(S&GAD)5-19/2018, dated 13.10.2020, an Implementation & Reporting Committee consisting of the following is hereby constituted in Finance Department to ensure speedy disposal of the cases of regularization and implementation of the provisions of the Punjab Regularization of Service Act, 2018 (Amended in 2019):
- Additional Finance Secretary (Regulations), Finance Department Convener
- Deputy Secretary (Res-ll & A), Finance Department Member
- Deputy Secretary (LA&T), Finance Department Member
- Representative of Chairperson, PRA, Lahore (for employees of PRA)
- Representative of CIOT, Lahore (for employees of Inspectorate of Treasuries & Accounts) Member
- Representative of PD, LFA, Lahore (for employees of Provincial Directorate, LFA) Member
The Committee shall have the following TORs:
- To take stock of pending cases of regularization of eligible contract employees at the departmental level and furnish information on monthly basis to the Regulations / O&M Wing, S&GAD, on the prescribed proforma (copy enclosed). Such information should reach the Regulations / O&M Wing, in the first week of every month.
- Find out the causes of delay, address them and expedite the regularization process in the manner, specified in the Act ibid.
- Aggrieved persons may be afforded an opportunity of personal hearing by the aforesaid Committee and if their cases are covered in terms of Section 3 of the Punjab Regularization of Service Act, 2018, the regularization of their services shall be made immediately. However, if their cases are not covered under the said law, they shall be informed by the Administrative Departments through speaking orders.