Government of Pakistan, Ministry of Federal Education and Professional Training issued a notification regarding re-opening of schools after winter vacations.
The 25th Meeting of the IPEMC was held jointly with NCOC and Health Ministry chaired by the Minister of Federal Education and Professional Training. Key decisions were taken after a thorough consultation regrading:
- Phased reopening of schools
- Exam scheduling for 2021
The tentative dates for phased reopening of schools is as below;
- Monday, January 11, 2021 - Schools Reopen for Teachers and Staff to begin preparation for academic work as well as implementation of SOP's for school reopening
- Monday, January 18, 2021 - Grade 9-12, reopen across Pakistan
- Monday, January 25, 2021 - Grades 1-8, reopen across Pakistan.
- Monday, February 01, 2021 - Universities and Colleges will reopen.
All dates above are subject to regular COVID-19 health status review and
All Examination boards have agreed to hold Board exams in the month of May and Early June 2021 to compensate for the academic losses and coverage of syllabus