Government of the Punjab, Higher Education Department issued a notification regarding re-opening of Educational Institutions in the backdrop of COVID-19.
In pursuance of the decisions taken in the meeting of Inter Provincial Education Ministers (IPEMC) held on 04.01.2021 under the Chairmanship of Federal Minister, Ministry of Education and Professional Training, to consider re-opening of educational institutions in the backdrop of Covid-19, following directions are hereby issued for strict compliance:
- Intermediate (11" & 12") Classes in Public / Private Sector and Autonomous Colleges shall start w.e.f. 18th January 2021.
- All Public Private Sector Universities, Degree Awarding Institutions and Autonomous Bodies shall open w.e.f. 1st February 2021.
- Board Examinations of SSC / HSSC shall be held in the months of May/June, 2021 respectively.
- The staff (Teaching/ Non-Teaching) of the Colleges / Universities / Autonomous Bodies shall continue to attend their respective institutions w.e.f. 11") January 2021 for preparation of start of classes and collection of assignments etc.
- HEC Policy Guidance Note No.8 dated 26.11.2020 regarding online teaching, learning and exams shall be strictly followed by the Universities.
- While opening the institutions, the concerned administration shall ensure strict implementation of SOPs already communicated vide Primary & Secondary Health Department letter dated 02.09.2020, to prevent Corona pandemic.