Government of the Punjab, School Education Department issued instructions regarding re-opening of education institutions / schools in Punjab.
The decisions taken in the meeting of Inter Provincial Education Ministers (IPEMC) held on 04.01.2021 under the Chairmanship of Federal Minister, Minister of Education and Professional Training, and Letter received from Government of Pakistan, Ministry of Federal Education and Professional Training vide no. 1-1/2021-AS/FE&PT, dated 05th January, 2021 regarding re-opening of Educational Institutions in the backdrop of COVID-19.
In view of the decision referred above and notification of even No. dated 5th January, 2021 issued by this department, following directions are hereby issued for safe reopening of educational institutions / schools in Punjab:-
- Students of all the educational institutions shall attend classes on alternative days with 50% ratio on any single working day as detailed in earlier letter of even no. dated 12th September, 2020
- Board Examinations of SSC/ HSSC shall be held in the month of May, June, 2021.
- The Accelerated Learning Programme (ALP) communicated earlier shall continue to be followed by the Public Schools. Assessment criteria and Examinations schedule for 5th and 8th grade shall be communicated separately by the Punjab Examination Commission
- All the concerned shall ensure strict implementations of SOPs already communicated time to time by the Primary & Secondary Healthcare Department and School Education Department, Punjab to prevent Corona Pandemic.
- School timing shall be observed as per previous practice in winter season.